Peer Mentoring Program
Call for applications for Peer Mentoring Program-2022 is OPEN!
The deadline for applications is March 28, 6:00 PM.
Peer Mentoring Program is developed to provide the first-year students a welcoming and enjoyable first-year experience at AUA. Freshman students are assigned an experienced upper-undergraduate classman at new student orientation who helps them not only to transition well into AUA, but reach success in their academic professional, and personal lives.
Mentors assist new students in achieving their goals and encourage them to become active members of AUA’s campus life. The program, with the help from the Office of Student Affairs, provides resources and activities for mentors and mentees to attend together and builds a bond that will last for years to come.
To become a peer mentor a student must:
- Be a full-time student in good academic standing (GPA 2.0 or above)
- Have completed two (2) semesters at AUA
- Carry out up to 6 sessions (4 mandatory and 2 optional) throughout the Fall Semester
HOW TO APPLY
- All applicants must have a letter of recommendation submitted with their applications. The CONFIDENTIAL letter should be submitted via email to [email protected]
- Please log in with your AUA credentials and complete the application.
- Please send a formal individual photo
- Submitting your resume is optional, however, highly encouraged.
All the documents must be sent to [email protected] when the call for applications is open.
Only those students who correspond to the requirements and manage to submit a full application package will be considered for the position. After the deadline, they will be contacted by the Peer Mentoring Selection Committee to schedule an interview.