Call for applications for Peer Mentoring Program-2020 is CLOSED!
Peer Mentoring program is developed to provide the first year students a welcoming and enjoyable first year experience at AUA. First year students are assigned an experienced upper classman at new student orientation who help them not only to transition well into AUA, but reach success in their academic professional, and personal lives.
Mentors assist new students in achieving their goals and encourage them to become active members of AUA’s campus life. The program, with the help from the Office of Student Affairs, provides resources and activities for mentors and mentees to attend together, and build a bond that will last for years to come.
The requirements of mentors are as follows:
- Must carry out up to 6 sessions (4 mandatory and 2 optional) throughout the Fall Semester.
- Required to take mentee group to two university events and two student group events by the end of the Fall Semester.
- Must be a full-time student in good academic standing (GPA 2.0 or above).
- Must have completed two (2) semesters at AUA
The mentorship requirements must be completed by the end of the new student’s first academic semester.
HOW TO APPLY
- All applicants must have a letter of recommendation submitted with their applications. The CONFIDENTIAL letter should be submitted to either via email: [email protected] or in a sealed envelope and delivered to Room 002N, Student Union, PAB.
- Please log in with your AUA credentials and complete the application.
- Submitting your resume via email: [email protected] is optional, however, highly encouraged.