Disability Support Services
1. Submit a copy of your current disability documentation from your doctor or diagnostician. Once your documentation has been received, it will be reviewed by AUA Counselor to determine the most appropriate support services.
2. The student is responsible to have an evaluation by a professional and present this documentation to the Counselor. Currently, no evaluation services are available on campus. AUA does not endorse any specific clinic or professional.
3. The Counselor will contact you to let you know that we have reviewed your documentation and will contact you about the next steps in securing support services.
4. Before classes begin, please schedule an appointment by calling the office at 61-25-19 or by emailing email@example.com.
5. During the appointment, the Counselor will discuss with you the accommodations you are eligible to receive based upon your disability related functional limitations. You will be asked to share information about how your disability affects your ability to access the classroom, class materials and campus services and to describe the accommodations and services you have used in the past.
6. The academic accommodations form must be completed each and every semester after you have registered for your classes.
Please note that the information regarding student’s disability will not be released to any faculty, staff, or administration without student’s consent. The waiver form must be completed by the student applying for accommodation and student will receive support based on this agreement. Records will not be released without written consent by the student and will be destroyed when student completes their studies.